If you are like most women, you likely desire lush and healthy eyelashes. However, if the eyelashes you were born with are short and tend to fall out easily, you may wonder if it’s possible for you to ever achieve long and gorgeous eyelashes. The answer is yes. If you devote extra time to your lashes and avoid habits that can damage them, you can get beautiful eyelashes.
Bad habits that can keep you from achieving healthy eyelashes
Your everyday habits could be damaging your eyelashes and causing them to fall out. If you want to grow longer lashes, avoid these bad habits:
- Don’t sleep with your mascara on: If you’re calling it a night before you remove your mascara, you can hurt eyelashes. While you’re sleeping, you can rub your hardened eyelashes against your pillow and cause them to break off.
- Don’t rub your eyes too hard while removing makeup: Rubbing your eyes too aggressively while you take off your makeup can damage your eyelashes. Make sure you use the appropriate makeup remover and be gentle.
- Don’t use waterproof mascara too often: Waterproof mascara is great when you’re spending all day at the beach, but it’s not for everyday wear. The ingredients in waterproof mascara can dry your eyelashes out and cause them to break.
- Avoid cluster lash extensions: If you get eyelash extensions, you should stay away from cluster lashes. Their bulkiness can cause tension, which can lead to premature lash loss.
Don’t forget to moisturize your eyelashes
Hydration is one of the most important factors for healthy eyelashes. If you moisturize your eyelashes every day, you can prevent breakage and help them grow longer. Here are a few great products that will keep your eyelashes healthy and lush:
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil isn’t just for cooking; it can do wonders for your lashes. Rub a little bit of coconut oil between your hands to liquify the product and then apply it to the ends of your lashes. When you wake up, your lashes should feel noticeably softer.
- Vaseline: It’s likely that you already have some Vaseline in your medicine cabinet. It can moisturize several parts of your body, including your lashes. Before you hit the hay, put a small amount of Vaseline on your lashes.
- Eyelash conditioner: Using a serum that’s specifically designed can improve the health of your lashes. The peptides in this conditioner will hydrate your lashes and make them look beautiful.
We take our lashes for granted and may not give them as much care as we do our skin, hair or nails. But even when blessed with long silky strands, a bit of discipline goes a long way. Healthy eyelashes are more than pretty lashes – they are shielding our eyes from dust and harmful elements. As such, don’t we want that protection to be the best possible?
Selena’s Lash Studio – Our Lashes Speak Volumes.